Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sticks and Stones Will Hold My Candles












Lately I've been busy working on some unique home creations. I'm always doing some kind of DIY project around the house. I photographed my latest DIY to share with you. These small decorative votives are really easy to make. You can easily get a dozen (or maybe more) done as a weekend project. Hope this inspires my fellow crafters!




Materials:

candle holder with flat sides (any size)

craft adhesive– multi-purpose for wood and glass surfaces

garden pruners

dry tree or shrub branches






Step 1. Wash the candle holder with dish soap and dry well. Cut the branches down to sticks close to the height of the candle holder, it is best to cut a few at a time.







Step 2. Dab the glue on a stick making sure to hit the areas that will be flush to the glass. Place on the glass. You can do a few at a time and then hold until they won’t slide off before you rotate the holder.




Step 3. Repeat until all of the glass has been covered. As always, if using a candle holder do not leave these unattended! Cant you just see a whole collection of these illuminating a cozy room?






-Mr Crafty

1 comment:

  1. Rustic projects are awesome. Simple and beautiful. Now I need to find some twigs to get me one lol!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...