Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cake Frosting: A Healthy Alternative





So the other day I made a batch of cupcakes. Whenever I bake I try to be as health conscious as I can. I usually substitute apple sauce for oil, use egg whites, margarine, etc. So back to the cupcakes, I made them and they came out awesome. I was so happy with how light and fluffy they were coming from a boxed recipe (I used Duncan Hines brand cake mix, the classic white kind) once they cooled they were ready to frost. Then came my dilemma. I knew slathering frosting from the can was going to eliminate any health conscious efforts I made. Therefore I scoured the internet and found a great new recipe that will be a standard from now on in my books. It is made from Greek yogurt (A new food apparently taking the world by storm I guess) and it has such a wonderful tang with a touch of sweet. I recommend it for those preparing for a sleeker and slimmer summer bod!!! You can find the full recipe HERE courtesy of Cup Cake Project.


-Mr Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...